About Capital Week
What to expect: Strategic Discussions, Industry-Government Engagement, and Networking Opportunities
The DOD program features the Federal Executive Leaders Panel, including leadership from USACE, NAVFAC, Air Force, and the VA. Discussions centered on the upcoming federal budget, the infrastructure bill, and how growing program requirements will increase the support the services need from industry. Open exclusively to SAME members, the event provides a preview of the coming fiscal-year construction programs of the uniformed services and select federal agencies.
Key elements of the conference:
- Concurrent Briefings Presented by Government Agencies
- Executive Leaders Panel
- Networking Opportunities including the SAME Foundation Fundraising Reception
- IGE Summit (additional registration required)
- Academy of Fellows Networking Reception (additional reg. required)
Associated Events during Capital Week 2024
Academy of Fellows Networking Reception
Each year, the SAME Academy of Fellows sponsors and helps support a number of events including mentoring activity at the Joint Engineer Training Conference & Expo, luncheons in connection with other SAME national events, and nominations for Fellow, Golden Eagle Awards, and the Gerald C. Brown Mentoring Award.
SAME Foundation Fundraising Reception
Join for an evening of giving! Support the SAME Foundation and its commitment to fostering engineering leadership for the nation. When you donate, know that you are helping to provide the resources the SAME Foundation needs to further invest in programs designed to engage, inspire, and mentor future engineering leaders and STEM professionals.
Capital Week 2023 Fun Facts
- 702 Members participated in 2023
- Total of 12 Program Briefings
- The most attended sessions:
- Army Design & Construction Programs
- USACE Civil Works Programs
- Army & Air Force Exchange Service and Army Installation Programs
- Navy Design & Construction Programs
- Emerging Technology and Building Systems Opportunities
Dates for Future Capital Week
March 25-27, 2025; Rockville, MD
Society of American Military Engineers (SAME)
Founded in 1920, SAME unites public and private sector individuals and organizations from across the architecture, engineering, construction, environmental, facility management and maintenance, cybersecurity, project planning, contracting and acquisition, and related disciplines in support of national security. SAME leads collaborative efforts to identify and resolve national security infrastructure-related challenges.